Induction cooktops have become very popular in India for a myriad of reasons.
Table of Contents
Why Induction Cooktops are Popular
Not only does it speed up cooking time by 50%, but it does so without converting energy, thereby helping homeowners save up on gas and protect the environment. Besides that, these cookers also include safety features and measures that prevent the risk of burns and injuries.
What’s more, is that their operation and maintenance costs are less than that of gas stoves and electric cookers. They’re also quite portable, making them suitable for camping and for students who live in a hostel.
Website pressurecookerpoint (India) tells us one thing: before you go out to buy a cooker for your house, there are a couple of things that you need to be wary of.
Important Induction Cooktop Factors to Consider
An induction cooktop with higher wattage can cook your food quicker.
2. Size and Number of Burners
Size is one of the first things to consider when buying a cooktop. You’ll want to keep this in mind to ensure your kitchen has space for a cooker.
3. Pan Detection
Induction cookers are smart in that they won’t work until they detect a pan in the heating zone or a pan that is suitable.
4. Auto-Switch Off
Another smart feature is that induction cooktops shut themselves off or down when it detects overheating when a pan has been removed, or if any utensil has been left on the stove for an extended period.
The timer feature enables users to configure the cooktop or either turn off or lower the temperature at a certain time, allowing them to focus on other elements of the dish they’re preparing.
6. Touch Controls
Touch controls come in place of knobs where you can easily change the temperature by touching the glass surface of the cooktop. It also makes cleaning easier.
7. Child Lock
This is for folks who have young carefree children roaming around and touching whatever they like.
Now, let’s have a look at some of the best induction cooktop models that are trending in India these days:
Best Induction Cooktops in India
1. Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop
Starting off our list is the Philips Viva Collection HD4938/01 Induction Cooktop, which is known for its fast and convenient cooking due to its electromagnetic induction technology, more so than a traditional gas stove.
Usually, the vital nutrients and vitamins of food are lost when cooked under a direct flame. But this induction cooker prevents that from happening and promotes healthy cooking.
Other features include:
- 10 preset menus for 10 different Indian recipes
- Feature touch keys that make it easier to cook
- Auto-off feature
- 1-year warranty from Philips
- Cool-to-touch surface cooks foods safely
- Consumes 2100Watts of power
- 24 hours preset timer function for delayed cooking
2. Prestige PIC 20 1200 Watt Induction Cooktop
Looking for a highly-efficient, quick and easy cooking solution? The Prestige Induction Cook-Top is at your service.
Some of its best features include:
The anti-magnetic walls of this cooker ensure that only the center of the glass panel cooks while the rest of the surface remains cool.
Indian Menu Option
Prestige’s full procedure computer control adjusts the appliance’s power and temperature automatically for various dishes and provide efficient cooking.
Automatic Voltage Regulator
The cooker’s inbuilt Automatic Voltage Regulator takes care of the high/low voltage variance as well as ensure that the load can be handled for performance and durability.
Because the cooking surface is flat and smooth, cleaning the appliance is relatively fast and easy.
3. Pigeon 2100Watts Induction Cooktop
Pigeon is one of the most well-known brands in India when it comes to kitchen appliances. Not only do their StoveKraft range of induction cooktops offer high-performance and efficiency, but they also come at affordable prices.
Thanks to its advanced technology, you’ll be able to save power and cook food quicker thank you can imagine.
There are over 8 preset Indian menus that come with this cooker, including a touch panel for that much-needed convenience. Operating at 2100Watts power, and 50 Hz frequency enables it to prepare food immediately.
Other features include:
- Its flexible and lightweight design allows you to fit the appliance anywhere in the kitchen.
- Electromagnetic induction mechanism offers comfortable and safe cooking
- Dual heat sensor technology automatically adjusts the heat
- The automatic shutoff feature enables it to turn off when cooking is complete, when there is no pan or when there’s overheating.
4. Usha Cook Joy (3616) 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop
Once a popular method for students, now households can enjoy the convenience of top-of-the-line induction cooktop like that of the Usha Cook Joy (3616).
- Automatically switches to power-saving mode to prevent overheating
- 5 Pre-set menus with additional manual control
- Pan sensor technology – operates only when pans or utensils are placed on the cooker’s surface
- 10 Amp Plug with earthing for safety.
- Anti-skid feet
- Safety device (metal oxide varistor) to protect users against voltage fluctuation up to 1500 Volts
- The flexible power cord of 1.2-meter length
5. iBell 2000Watts Glass Induction Cooktop 2023
Despite it being a local brand, iBELL has made a reputable name for itself by always providing highly-efficient and top-quality products, that too at affordable price rates. This is especially seen in their induction cooktops like the 2000Watts Glass Induction Cooktop you see above you.
It boasts a sleek, high-tempered, and stylish ceramic single glass and given that it’s portable and compact, it will hardly take up much kitchen counter space. The high-quality coils allow users to cook at even temperature.
Another one of its best features includes its wide voltage adaptability and multifunction capability, which gives you more value for your investment. The cooktop turns off automatically in case of overheating, helping you avoid burns or any other possible accidents.
There may be five induction cooktops in this post, but they’re more than enough to help widen your options and give you a better insight into what you should opt for in the end. For better reliability and assurance, we suggest you go for Philips and Prestige branded models