Any Indian city-dweller would let you know just how scorching hot it can be most of the year, especially during the summer. Nobody there could ever hope to get through most of their day without turning on their air-conditioner. But there lies another problem with using too much of their in-house cooler; jaw-dropping electricity bills. But what else can they do? Enter inverter ACs.
Inverter ACs have been gaining plenty of notice recently, especially due to scaling rates, because they consume less energy and provide a more efficient output so as not to release harmful ozone-depleting gases into the air.
You see in regular ACs, the compressor’s motor speed remains constant and the temperature is adjusted when the motor is turned on and off, which consumes more energy in the process.
However, inverter ACs have their temperatures automatically adjusted by changing its motor speed without turning the motor on and off. This reduces the amount of power consumed by 20%-40% to keep rooms cool and save energy as a result.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) says that a 3-star rated inverter AC is 7% more efficient than a regular 5-star rated split AC.
If you’re interested in buying an inverter AC for your house, it’s important for you to consider getting one from a reliable and trusted brand. Fortunately, we’ve prepared this article as a way to give you a head start on things by listing all of the best-branded inverter ACs for a typical Indian household.
Table of Contents
1. LG 1 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
The LG 1 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC has the honor of opening our list for reasons that require a whole separate article. This majestic, state-of-the-art appliance is a gift to humanity due to its many features.
- Cooling Score of 5 – With this score, this LG AC promises to provide only the best cooling performance even at high ambient temperatures.
- Dual Inverter Compressor – With this special compressor, you’ll get faster cooling and save more than any basic inverter AC models out there.
- 100% Copper with Ocean Black Protection – The indoor and outdoor unit are made with Special Ocean Black Protection that offers greater durability in typical Indian areas that are normally affected by salt, sand, pollutants and industrial smoke.
- Active Energy Control – This feature limits power consumption from 40%to 80% as compared to regular usage and saves up energy by 57%.
- HD Filter – The HD Filter removes harmful particles like pollen, bacteria and dust mites among others.
2. Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Blue Star is another reliable brand for ACs, especially their P-series lineups. These types of ACs offer superior cooling capabilities and maximum performance. And let’s not forget the fact that it can cut down on those nasty electric bills by a favorable fraction.
Blue Star’s Precision Cooling technology ensures that you feel perfectly comfortable indoors. You can set room temperatures in decimals as 0.1ºc just so you can enjoy comfort cooling even during extreme weather conditions.
Unlike conventional motors, Blue Star operates on an electronic commutation arrangement which reduces the AC’s noise levels even at high rotational speeds and extends its durability.
The inbuilt cold plasma technology creates a natural bioclimate that is comprised of active positive and negative ions that bond with harmful bacteria and other pollutants in the air to purify it. As a result, you will breathe nothing but fresh, uncontaminated air.
3. Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
When people want an air-conditioner, they not only expect it to cool well but that it’s also durable and energy-efficient. The Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC is a model that checks off all three of those essential aforementioned requirements.
This Carrier AC is a BEE 5-star rated model with ISEER (Indian Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of 4.62 with 1520 watts of nominal power consumption. In layman’s terms, that means more efficient cooling with less power consumed.
- High Ambient Working – Efficient cooling even with outside temperatures of over 55 degrees Celsius.
- Flexicool Hybridjet Technology – Provides four operating modes (including free-running, 100%, 75%, and 50%) where you can adjust your AC’s energy consumption and better manage your electric bills.
- Stabilizer-free Operation – The AC works efficiently without a stabilizer between 150-280V even at 48-degree Celcius.
- Low-Voltage Operation – Even at a low voltage of 195V and high ambient temperatures, there won’t be any interruptions with your AC’s cooling.
4. Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
The Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC is one heck of an eco-friendly powerhouse. Even the features that define it are unbelievable.
- Indoor Unit Quiet Operation – You can sleep quietly without a single noise as your inverter AC operates. This is done by optimizing the speed of the airflow in accordance with the low noise level to provide you with absolute comfort.
- Power Chill Operation – The power chill mode ensures that temperatures drop quickly even during extreme heat conditions.
- Econo Mode: This mode limits power consumption without forgoing AC’s powerful cooling capability. It is especially useful when the AC and other electrical devices operate on a shared electrical circuit.
- Coanda Airflow – Instead of hitting your face, the air draft is directed upwards, reaching out to every corner of your room, thereby creating a comfortable ambiance for you.
- Neo Swing Technology – The neo-swing compressor reduces vibration and friction thanks to its smooth rotation. Not only that, but it also prevents leakage of refrigerant gas during compression.
5. Samsung 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
And lastly, we’ll finish off with one of the world’s best-known electronics brands, if not the best-known brand with Samsung’s 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC. It comes with a digital inverter compressor that enables the appliance to maintain desired temperature levels without having the motor switch on and off. This consumes less energy in the process while also providing greater output at the same time.
- 2-Step Cooling Mode – The Fast Cool mode cools the air quickly before automatically switching to Comfort Cool to maintain the desired cooling temperature.
- Auto Change Over – automatically switches between cooling and heating to ensure you get a consistently comfortable environment without constantly having to change settings.
- Triple Protection Plus – This helps protect your AC from a sudden voltage drop or surge.
- DURAFIN – This enhances the AC’s heat exchanger’s performance and is corrosion resistant.
So remember to refer back to this post’s list whenever you decide to go out and buy yourself an inverter AC. Personally, we strongly recommend models from LG or Samsung, but you decide what best fits your needs in the end.