The changes in lifestyle and food habits have made us prey to a number of diseases that require a lengthy treatment procedure or surgery. Sometimes the condition could be life-threatening as well.
Damage to the kidneys is actually one that cannot be cured but has to be managed effectively to control the signs and symptoms with proper medication and slow down the progress of the disease. In the case of kidney failure, you have got to go in for dialysis and in extreme cases even consider kidney transplants.
Since dialysis is a procedure that a person with a damaged kidney has to undergo at regular intervals to remove the toxins that have accumulated in the blood owing to the poorly functioning kidneys. It is important to choose the right hospital that offers scope for comprehensive treatment in India. Let us take a look at the best kidney treatment hospitals in India.
Table of Contents
Best Kidney Hospitals In India
1. AIIMS Hospital, Delhi, India
It is one of the top medical institutes and hospitals in India. It has a well-developed Nephrology department that has a specialist team that delivers quality kidney care be it outpatient consultation or inpatient daycare and dialysis care. The pediatric nephrology department is also well-developed offering comprehensive care.
- It is an advanced center for research in pediatric nephrology
- A valuable contributor to clinical research on nephrotic syndrome, chronic kidney diseases, and urinary infections
- Comprehensive kidney care for adults and children
- Successful kidney transplantations to its credit
Address: Sector- IRCH, Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi, Delhi, India
Phone: + 01 11 2658 8500
2. Lions Kidney Hospitals, New Delhi, India
It is one of the private hospitals providing exemplary and comprehensive care as far as nephrological diseases are concerned. It was established in the year 2000. It is easily a one-stop-shop for the treatment of all types of urological disorders. The eminent team of nephrologist and urologists ensure that you receive nothing but the best treatment.
- Quality nephrological treatments
- Multi-specialty hospital with specialty urology surgery, urological services, kidney transplant, kidney surgeries, etc.
- Advanced technology for the treatment of kidney diseases.
Address: Opp B Block, New Friends Colony, New Delhi, Delhi
Phone: 011 4519 4444
3. B.K.Kidney & G.I.Centre
It is a kidney center that has earned the reputation it has now owing to the dedicated and expert care of the team of nephrologists in the hospital. The team that constitutes of consultants and surgeons etc have successfully treated a number of kidney diseases including the removal of kidney stones. It has been in the field since 1989.
- Advanced kidney care employing the latest technology
- Experienced and qualified team of doctors
- You can also access emergency services 24X7
- A multi-specialty clinic that can offer comprehensive kidney treatments and care.
Address: Jaykar Smruti, Aarey Road, Goregaon West, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400062
Phone: 022 2874 6648
4. Apex Kidney Care
It is a charitable trust that was established in the year 2008. It is dedicated to the treatment of kidney diseases. It is one of the centers that can be construed to provide comprehensive care including advice on nutrition as well. They have set high standards as far as dialysis care is concerned.
- They conduct programs and seminars that are beneficial for surgeons as well as technicians for dialysis
- Patient education programs
- Simplified dialysis procedure
- Organ transplant resources
Address: Apex Fargo House, 1st floor, Near Spectra Motors, Kanch Pada, Off Link Road, Malad West, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400064
Phone: 022 2880 9114
5. Manipal Hospitals Bangalore, Karnataka
It is one of the best hospitals that provide exemplary kidney treatment. Transplantation of kidneys are strictly supervised by qualified members of the staff and they have earned a reputation for conducting successful transplants. It is a 600 bedded multi-specialty hospital with an efficient team of doctors.
- It is one of the top 5 hospitals that have been ranked in terms of care for patients
- It is a fully air-conditioned facility that is clean and safe
- Advanced technological equipment that makes treatment processes simple and effective
- High-quality doctors and top-notch nursing care.
- 24X7 service
Address: 45/1 Opp Bangalore central mall, Jayanagar 9th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru Karnataka-560069
Phone: 1800 102 5555
6. Fortis Hospitals & Kidney Institute
There is a Fortis Hospital in Bengal. But, the kidney specialty hospital that belongs to the flagship is in Gariahat, Kolkata. The kidney specialty hospital has been providing valuable services to not only the people in the neighboring areas of south Kolkata but also to the people from the northeast who seem to come here for treatment. It is a 60 bedded hospital. they treat all types of kidney diseases effectively.
- A-Z medical care for all types of kidney and urinary tract related disorders and diseases
- 4 operation theaters that are fully equipped of which 3 are meant for major operations and 1 is meant for minor surgeries.
- 12-bed dialysis facility
Address: 111A, Rash Behari Avenue, Gariahat, Kolkata, West Bengal- 700029
Phone: 033 6627 6800
7. Coimbatore Kidney Center/Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
It is ranked among the top 10 hospitals for treating kidney and urinary tract related diseases that require medical and surgical treatments. They have done over 200 kidney transplantation surgeries and about 18,000 hemodialyses. The team of doctors is qualified and experienced and they have done surgeries which include kidney stone removal, TURP, etc of complex nature too, successfully.
- Innovative steroid-free kidney transplantation procedure
- Excellent facilities for hemodialysis
- Comprehensive and affordable packages for different treatments
Address: No. 738-B, Puliakulam Road, Near Lakshmi Mills, Coimbatore, TamilNadu
Phone: 91 422 2312006
8. Christian Medical College(CMC), Vellore, Tamilnadu
It is an age-old institution that is offering top class treatments in all fields including Nephrology. It is one of the leading institutions where you have a lot of medical tourists undergoing treatment. It is a self-sufficient institution with almost all the facilities including the biopsy unit that is required for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases like cancer. It is an institution with two wings dedicated to nephrology.
- 40 hemodialysis machines are available in the hospital
- Opportunity to get multiple opinions from doctors
- 4 dialysis units for the ICU alone
- Haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Child kidney care clinic headed by a pediatric nephrologist
Address: IDA Scudder Road, Vellore, Tamilnadu-632004
Phone: 9416 228 1000
9. Medanta- The Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon
It is a hospital that was established in the year 2009 by a cardiovascular surgeon. However, the hospital excels in heart, liver and kidney care. It received the award for the best multi-specialty hospital in Asia from HCG in 2010. The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited.
- 1250- bed hospital with over 35 critical care beds
- Medanta launched India’s first air ambulance service in 2013, known as the Flying Doctors India.
- It is located centrally
Address: Sector-38, Gurgaon, Haryana- 122001
Phone: 0124 414 1414
10. KIMS Hospitals, Secunderabad, Telangana.
It is one of the leading hospitals in Secunderabad that specializes in Kidney treatments. The team of doctors provides comprehensive treatment be it for treatment of kidney stones, dialysis or transplant and subsequent recovery.
- Renal replacement therapy
- Live donor kidney transplant program
- Exceptional clinical care
- First hospital in India to geet PDQ certification
- Over 600 kidney transplants have been done.
Address: 1-8-31/1, Minister Road, Krishna Nagar Colony, Begumpet, Secunderabad-500003
Phone: 040 4488 5000
So these are some of the best Kidney treatment hospitals available in the country which are treating patients from every corner of the world. You can select the hospital which is easily approachable and nearby to your place.