Some kids are always tough to handle, and when they are not well the things may get even worse for you as a parent. Kids and adults are both prone to diseases, especially kids who do not know that how they should react while they are ill are harder to handle. And the worst part of the fever is that the kids start behaving stubbornly which is harder to handle for the parents.
As a parent, it is essential to check the kid’s temperature accurately to act accordingly. And for accuracy and ease, digital thermometers are a much more obvious choice if you are looking for a more reliable and easy to use way to check the temperature.
In this article, we will be talking about various aspects of buying the best digital thermometer for your family. And even though you are not having a kid at home, these digital thermometers would be a great alternative for the traditional mercury thermometer that is hard to read and use. So, stay tuned and know more about digital thermometers.
Types of Fever Thermometer
The very first step o choose the right thermometer for your family including the kids is to know about the different types of thermometers that you can buy from the market. And believe us, there are so many types of thermometers available in the market that you are aware of. So, to help you to choose the perfect fever thermometer for your family, we are listing some of the most widely used thermometers in the Indian market. Go through them, and find the right type for your family.
Traditional glass and mercury thermometer
One of the most common and widely used thermometers is the one that is made of glass and has mercury to show up the temperature. Although it is an accurate way to measure the temperature, it can’t be considered safe for human health due to the presence of Mercury.
Digital thermometers are undoubtedly the best and the most reliable way to record accurate temperature and are useful for both kids and adults. They not only record the results faster but also are more accurate than the traditional glass-mercury thermometers. So, if you were concerned about the family’s safety and are looking for a thermometer that can record accurate temperature, you should opt for a good quality digital thermometer.
Forehead thermometers are considered the best for kids and newborns. Unlike the other oral thermometers, these thermometers can be placed directly on the kids’ forehead and record the temperature. This is an easier way to record temperature for kids who are not willing to keep the thermometer in their mouth or underarm.
The forehead thermometers read the Infrared heat and record that temperature. This thermometer is recommended for newborns and it effectively records the temperature.
Plastic Fever strip thermometer
Plastic fever strips are another easy way to measure temperature, but they aren’t as accurate as of digital or traditional glass temperature. So, if you are looking for an easy way to measure the temperature then you can use them, but we recommend always have the second option if you are using the plastic fever strips.
Pacifier thermometers are another popular option for you if you were looking for an easy to use a thermometer for kids. These thermometers are recommended for newborns who can’t use glass or digital thermometers.
Along with these, there are few more types of thermometers that are not too common in India. However, you can find them in stores.
One such type is the rectum thermometers which are accurate but aren’t a common household choice for the buyers.
Best Buy Thermometers Online In India
Once you are aware of the different types of thermometers, now it is time to know about the best options available to you in the market.
So, here’s the list of the top ten thermometers that can be used to record the accurate temperature of both adults and kids. Go through the list, and decide which one of them is the ideal thermometer for you.
1. Dr. Trust Infrared Forehead Thermometer
Dr. Trust is a renowned brand when it comes to health equipment. The products from the brand are reliable, have better after-sales, and build quality than the other products available in the market. The Infrared forehead thermometer from Dr. Trust is a popular choice for buyers who are looking for a reliable and easy to use.
The large display, internal memory for remembering the temperature, and unit selection are amongst numerous unique features that make it a brilliant buy for the buyers who looking for a reliable thermometer for their kids.
Apart from recording the body’s temperature, you can also use this thermometer to record the object’s temperature too. The thermometer has two modes namely person and object modes that can be used accordingly to measure temperature.
There are numerous other features along with reliable and easy usability. Here’s a brief list of pros and cons that you must know before planning to buy the thermometer for yourself. Go through them, and if you are okay with them, and can deal with the cons, we would recommend you to go with this greatly designed infrared thermometer from Dr. Trust.
- Extremely easy to use
- Great brand value
- Multipurpose thermometer
- Infrared thermometer results are not too accurate
2. Omron MC 720 Non-Contact Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometer
For the buyers who are looking forward to having a quick and reliable measurement, the Omron MC720 will be a brilliant choice. Along with a handy and simple design, there are several other features that make it an ideal buy for the buyers looking for a reliable thermometer for the kids. The thermometer examines the infrared heat and measures that temperature. This makes it a non-contact thermometer which is an ideal way to measure temperature for kids.
One second reading capability makes it a great buy for those buyers who are after quick temperature measurements. The thermometer comes with a 1-year warranty that makes it a completely durable product for the home. The thermometer also houses a large back-lit display that makes it easier to read even in the dark.
The reliable Japanese technology used in manufacturing the thermometer makes it one of the most reliable and accurate infrared thermometers available in the market. So, if you were after a reliable, easy to use and accurate thermometer that can effectively record the kid’s temperature, you should opt for this amazingly designed thermometer by Omron. Believe us, you are not going to be disappointed by the overall performance of the thermometer.
Here are a few pros and cons related to the Omron infrared thermometer that we encountered while reviewing it. Go through them, to know whether this is the right choice for you, or not.
- 1-second quick measurements
- Back-lit display
- Easy to use
- Changing the temperature unit can be a pain to some users.
3. Omron MC 246 Digital Thermometer
Omron MC246 is a reliable and obvious choice for those buyers who are looking for a perfect digital thermometer that not only is easy to use but also measures the temperature accurately. Apart from the design, brand name and efficiency, there are multiple benefits of choosing this over the other digital thermometers available in the market.
Like the Omron thermometers, MC246 also comes with a 1-year warranty that ensures that you are buying the best and durable thermometer for yourself. You can use it for oral temperature recording and it produces as accurate results as the traditional thermometer used to measure. Also, it relatively easier to use than the other thermometers available in the market.
Along with numerous other features that make it an ideal thermometer for home, some of the worth mentioning features include unit changing, water resistance, and extremely easy maintenance. Moreover, you can easily recall the last measurement done with just a press of a button.
So, you can easily see the patient’s improvement. In order to save the battery, the thermometer has an auto-off feature that shuts down the thermometer after 30 minutes of the last usage. This helps it to be the most power-efficient and reliable digital thermometer in the market.
Here are the pros and cons associated with the Omron M246. Go through them to make your decision.
- Reliable accuracy
- Useful features
- 1-year brand warranty
- Hard to use
4. Dr. Morepen Digiclassic MT101 Hardtip Thermometer
For the buyers who are looking for a perfect alternative to the glass thermometer and aren’t after fancy functions, Dr. Morepen Digiclassic MT101 would be an ideal buy. Apart from having a simple and easy to use design, this thermometer has all the necessary function that an ideal digital thermometer should have.
With a highly durable body, this thermometer is almost unbreakable. The large digital display makes it easy to read and measure a thermometer that can easily be used by everyone in your family. Additional features like the auto switch-off and dual measurement in Celsius and Fahrenheit make it an ideal thermometer for all.
The beep alerts the user when the measurement is done and thus you won’t have to check the thermometer repeatedly to see whether the measurement is done or not.
One more thing that makes MT101 a great buy is the outstanding customer care service. You can call the customer service executive for any flaw in the thermometer and they will take care to rectify and solve the problem at the earliest.
During our reviews, we encountered a few positive and negative points that you must know before making the purchase. So, go through them and then decide whether you should buy it, or not.
- Easy to use
- Reliable customer care
- Dural measurement
- Lacks advanced features
5. Agaro DT-555 Digital Thermometer
Agaro DT-555 is another brilliant digital thermometer that not only looks brilliant but performs accurately. Along with the design and efficiency, there are numerous other features that make it an ideal thermometer for home purposes.
Durable finish, professional accuracy, and the perfect oral temperature measurement are a few important things that are worth mentioning about DT-555. Along with reliable and efficient performance, the additional features like the memory and beeper function when the measurement is done make it a great buy for the home users who are willing to buy a complete value for money option for the buyers.
The worth mentioning thing about the DT-555 is the accuracy of the thermometer. In comparison with other modern thermometers that are available in the market, the DT-555 is amongst the top performers when it comes to accuracy.
The thermometer can be used for oral, underarm and rectal measurements that make it a multipurpose thermometer with the highest accuracy. So, if you were after reliability and durability, then you should not any further than the Agaro DT-555 Digital Thermometer.
Here are the pros and cons that we can associate with DTT-555 after our review
- Easy to use
- Reliable and accurate measurements
- Memory function lets you check the improvement
- Basic functionality
6. Equinox Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer EQ-IF-02
Equinox EQ-IF-02 is a reliable and good looking non-contact infrared thermometer that can be used for forehead temperature measurement. Along with the easy to use design and faster measurement, there are various other benefits that you can avail by choosing it over the other infrared thermometers available in the market.
With the brilliant features, easy-to-use design and accurate measurement, this is worth purchasing a thermometer for the home user.
EQ-IF-02 is known for its unique design and an easy to read LCD screen that is much superior and easy to read in comparison to the other similar thermometers available in the market. The three-colored back-lit display is extremely useful even in the darker rooms.
So, if you were looking for a reliable and easy to read Infrared thermometer that can be used for recording accurate temperature measurement, you should try your hands once on this amazingly designed thermometer from Equinox.
The enhanced battery optimization and usage make sit a worthy buy for home users. The auto shut-off feature makes the thermometer save the battery if you accidentally left it on. Additionally, the features like memory function, low battery indication, and the 1-second quick measurement, make it a great buy for the users who are after better value for money.
Here are the pros and cons of the EQ-IF-02 that we experienced during the review
- Easy to use
- Great features
- Reliable accuracy
- Low battery life
7. MCP Medical Infrared Forehead Thermometer Gun
MCP thermometer gun is a uniquely shaped and efficient thermometer that not only measures the temperature accurately but also is efficiently designed for better handling and temperature measurements.
Made up of durable PP material, this is one of the easiest to handle thermometers in the market. The unique design helps the user to get a good grip on the thermometer that eventually helps to record the temperature more accurately. IR technology helps the user to measure the temperature without physically contacting the device to the body of the patient.
Large screen and a 1-second measurement capability make it a perfect buy for the users looking for easy to use and faster thermometer to record the temperature. Unlike the other thermometers that use proprietary batteries, the MCP thermometer gun uses 2 AA batteries.
Advanced features like auto shut down, and quick temperature measurement makes it an ideal buy for home users who are willing to buy a reliable thermometer for their family.
Here are the pros and cons that you must know before finalizing the deal.
- Easy to hold
- Faster results
- Advanced IR technology to record more accurate results
- Battery life could have been better
8. Hicks MT-101M Digital Thermometer
Hicks MT-101M digital thermometer is one of the most accurate and easy to use digital thermometer that houses numerously advanced and useful features. Apart from the features, the thing that makes it an ideal buy for the buyers, is the durability. The thermometer comes with a 1-year warranty that ensures that you are relying on a durable product for your family.
As said, the MT101M is loaded with useful features, some of the most useful ones that make it a worthy buy include easy measurement, accurate results, and the 1-year warranty.
The superior LCD display makes it easier to read and looks like a premium thermometer. The thermometer is capable to record temperature in both the units and The memory function makes it easier to record the incremental improvement of the patient with time. To make the usability better, the thermometer has a beeper function that alarms when the measurement is taken.
The thermometer can be used to record oral, underarm, and rectal measurements and thus it can be used as a multipurpose thermometer for better value for money.
Here are the pros and cons that you must be aware of before purchasing them from the store.
- Multipurpose use
- Superior LCD display
- Automatic shut down feature for better battery management
- Battery compartment could have a better design
9. Dr. Trust Digital Thermometer – Nec-002
For the buyers who are looking for an ideal digital thermometer from a reputed brand, Dr. Trust Nec-002 would be a great product to go with. With a great brand name and reliable build quality, this is one of the most trusted and accurate digital thermometers in the market. With a compact design and durable build quality, you will feel the quality of the thermometer once you hold it in your hands.
Apart from the essential features, the Nex-002 has numerous such features that make it one of the most usable thermometers in the Indian market. The unique fever line indicator and fever alarm make it easier for the user to decide whether the doctor should be consulted or not. The water-resistant design makes it a completely hygienic thermometer that is the perfect option for oral, underarm and rectal measurement.
So, if you were after a reliable, efficient and feature-rich thermometer that you can completely rely on, the DR Trust Nec-002 would be a perfect choice for you.
Below are a few pros and cons that you must be aware of before investing your money on it. Go through them, and then decide whether you should buy it, or not.
- Easy to use
- Reliable and efficient measurement
- Fever alarm
- None so far
10. Braun Ear Thermometer
For the buyers who want to buy a more reliable Infrared thermometer that can be efficiently used by every single person of the family, this ear thermometer from Braun would be an ideal choice. With the most advanced list of features along with better accuracy than other Infrared thermometers, this is the perfect value for money product for home users as well for doctors.
The advanced features like the ExacTemp ensure that the thermometer is placed in the correct position and the beeper ensures that the temperature has been taken correctly. Apart from the advanced technique to measure temperature, the other essential features like memory function and easy to store design makes it a great thermometer for the buyers.
The thermometer runs on a 2 AA battery and a set of battery-run for a month or so if regularly used. So, if you are looking for a thermometer that efficiently uses the batteries and produces comparatively more reliable results, you shouldn’t look any further than the Braun Thermo Scan5.
Here are the pros and cons that we experienced during the review
- Easy to use
- Reliable temperature measurement
- Great brand Value
So, these were the best thermometers you can buy today in India. The only thing that you need to do now is to choose one of these for your family. All the thermometers are accurate, reliable, and are perfect value for money products. So, choose according to your needs and take your first step towards the safety of your kids and family.
How To Choose The Right Thermometer – Buying Guide
If you are willing to choose the thermometer all by yourself, then the buyer’s guide listed below can be extremely beneficial for you.
Go through the points that are listed here, and keep them in mind in order to buy the best thermometer for the family.
The first and the most important thing that you need to consider while buying the thermometer is accuracy or efficiency. Make sure that the thermometer is showing the exact temperature of the body to assure the reliability of the thermometer.
2. Temperature unit
Another point that can be of importance while buying a new thermometer is the unit that the thermometer records temperature in. There are a few countries where Fahrenheit is popular, but talking specifically about India, you should opt for the thermometer that shown temperature in Celsius. Also, you can opt for the digital thermometer that shows the temperature in both units.
One more point that plays an important role while purchasing a thermometer is usability. Make sure that the thermometer you are planning to buy is easy to use and you can record the reading easily. The digital thermometers are considered as the best in the case of usability. So, choose accordingly and buy the best thermometer that provides you good usability.
Make sure that the thermometer you are planning to buy records reliable reading quickly. In case you are dealing with kids, you may not use the thermometer for a minute or more. So, choosing a faster and accurate thermometer will be a good choice. Try finding a thermometer that records the temperature fast without compromising the accuracy.
By keeping the above-listed points in mind, you can find the most suitable thermometer for the kids and family and avoid the products that aren’t too perfect for your family. So, be sure to remember them when you are out to purchase a thermometer.
What Are The Different Ways to Check Fever?
If you thought that the only way to check the fever is through oral thermometers then you are wrong. There are a total of 5 different ways to check the temperature. Here are more details about the same.
- Under the Armpit – In this method, the tip of the thermometer is placed in the center of the armpit and the arm is then closed tightly against the body. You can then leave the thermometer for the time until you hear the beep. This way, you will have the temperature but you need to increase the reading by 1 degree to get the correct temperature if you use this method.
- Oral Method – In the oral method, you need to place the thermometer under the tongue of the person. This method is only recommended for children who are above 5 years of age. You need to hold the thermometer until the sound of the beep and then you can simply remove the thermometer once it is done. It is one of the easiest methods to take the temperature.
- In the Ear – With the technical advancement, there are many in the ear thermometers available in the market. You can now put on a clean probe on the thermometer, place the probe in the ear canal and hold the measurement button for about 1 second. This will take the temperature of the person. It is a quick and easy-to-use method but it is only recommended for children who are above 2 years in age. You need to have in the ear thermometer to check the temperature using this method.
- Over Forehead – There are many infrared thermometers available in the market. They make it very easy to take the temperature of anyone. All you need to do is that you need to hold the thermometer above the forehead of the person and click on the button for measurement of temperature. Within a second, the temperature will be displayed. These are also known as contactless thermometers and they are one of the best types available in the market as they reduce the risk of infection.
- Rectal Method – This method is usually used for newborn children and in this, a rectal thermometer is placed inside the anal opening. The tip of the thermometer should be covered with petroleum jelly and the baby should be an incorrect posture for this. As per our suggestion, you should leave this method for health care providers.
What Is The Best Way To Take A Child’s Temperature?
If you think that your kid is suffering from fever, then before contacting the doctor, the first step that you should follow is to measure his/her temperature that can help you act accordingly. In most cases, the fever can be neutralized by the common medicines or letting the kid rest for a few hours, but there are a few cases where contacting the doctors is necessary. In both cases, it is essential that you measure the temperature accurately.
As said, the best way to record the temperature is by using the right type of thermometer. So, we will now talk about recording the exact temperature of kids through different thermometers.
There are two most common ways to record the temperature. One is the oral thermometers that are the traditional thermometers that are needed to be placed in the mouth for a few minutes, and the other one is the Axillary temperature that is more common if your kid is not too keen to keep a thermometer in his mount for the required time.
In this, the thermometer has to be placed under the armpit for the prescribed time, and then you can easily record the temperature without any issues.
Apart from these, there is one accurate but less common way of recording the exact temperature of kids under 3 years, and that is known as the rectal temperature recording. IN this, the thermometer is placed in the child’s anal opening to record the temperature.
These three are the most trusted and accurate ways to record the temperature of kids. For the adults, any of the first two ways of recording the temperature will do. So, choose according and use the most feasible way to record the exact temperature and contact the doctor if necessary.
You can also refer to the guidelines listed on the thermometer’s pack to record the exact temperature.
In all, if your kid or any other family member is ill and having a mild fever, the very first step that you should take is to record the exact temperature. To do this, you can try any of the above-listed methods and contact the doctor if the temperature doesn’t drop even after a few hours of rest or taking the generic medicines.
You shouldn’t take it otherwise, as high temperatures can severely damage the body functions and can be more harmful than your expectations. Keep a good quality thermometer at home, so that you can easily record the exact temperature and act accordingly.
Check out these other thermometers available on the market right now:
- Non Contact and Accurate Readings : Non-contact infrared measurement. Measuring distance is under 1-2inch, while avoiding cross infection. The forehead thermometer medical has been clinically tested, and has a very small error margin. It is actually more accurate and healthier than standard mercury thermometers.
- Sound Alarm : High-accuracy infrared measurement, when the temperature is over, audible alert will trigger. The HD LED screen displays clear and crisp numbers that are easy to read.
- Multi-Purposes : The Forehead thermometer is designed for all ages: adults, infants and elders. It support to take human temperature.
- Memory Feature : It can store up to 32 temperature readings and recall them at any time. This comes in handy for keeping a record, and makes it convenient for babies, children, adults. Also it has auto shutdown feature for power saving.
- For warranty or service issues kindly contact brand support
- Accurate measurement - measures actual temperature in degC and degF
- 60 seconds fast readout with One Touch Operation Auto On/Off
- Accurate and Reliable
- Clinically Tested 100% Mercury-free
- Large Display for Easy to Read
- Non Contact and Accurate Readings : Non-contact infrared measurement. Measuring distance is under 1-2inch, while avoiding cross infection. The forehead thermometer medical has been clinically tested, and has a very small error margin.
- Sound Alarm : High-accuracy infrared measurement, when the temperature is over, audible alert will trigger. The HD LED screen displays clear and crisp numbers that are easy to read.
- Memory Feature : It can store up to 30 temperature readings and recall them at any time. This comes in handy for keeping a record. The Infrared Thermometer has auto shutdown feature for power saving.
- Temperature: 2 color coded backlight: Large LCD screen, color coded backlight and 30 results memory; Dual mode: Person/Object mode, measures in both celsius and fahrenheit.
- Indication of normal or hightened temperature via coloured LED: Green = everything OK, Red = fever alarm (over 38°C / 100.4°F)
- FOR ALL AGE GROUPS - It it extremely comfortable for use for all Adults babies & kids and can be used under the Armpit ,Rectal,and oral cavity
- SOUND ALARM: When the testing is complete, the alarm will beep when the reading is complete & it Automatically switches off when the thermometer is not in use
- ACCURACY RESULTS The thermometer gives accurate reading and Results are Driven in just 20 seconds
- ONE BUTTON OPERATION: Thermometer has one Button operation making it very convenient to use and has large Display indicating results upto one decimal
- DUAL MODES - Thermometer shows Results in Fahrenheit and Celsius With ± 0.1 accuracy Long press the button to switch between the two modes.
- Flexible Tip: Carent digital thermometer has a rubberized flexible tip that makes it incredibly convenient to use and obtain accurate readings. There's no need to be concerned about hurting your child or your vulnerable areas.
- Dual scale mode: °C/°F Temperature measurements are shown in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. To turn, click and press the On/Off button for five seconds. It's easy to read the LCD display with units.
- Thermometer for children and adults: The waterproof edge is soft and flexible makes it incredibly convenient for kids and adults to use. It guarantees that it will not irritate or chafe your child's sensitive skin.
- Fever Alarm: After the screening is finished, the alarm will buzz to alert you to review the results. Generally, a thermometer takes one minute to provide a precise temperature reading.
- Single-button operation: The single button mounted on the top of the thermometer helps to turn On and Off the thermometer, turns off the alarm, battery alert.