New Delhi is currently experiencing the worst condition of air pollution in its history, and the situation has no end in sight. Until the general problem can truly be dealt with, people need to think about their health. The reduction of our carbon footprint has to happen soon, and each small step matters. The government has to put strict rules into place and follow them without question.
In the meantime, people in India have to look after their health. Most ignore the pollution, but the use of air pollution masks should be considered. It is important however not to use cheap pollution masks, as they do not protect much and their life is very short.
In this article, we will go over several of the better air pollution masks. Keep in mind that the size depends on your weight. Also, they come with N100, N99, N95 ratings, so try to get the N99 rating or N95 at least.
1. Prana Air Mask
This mask has an N95 filter, but it also has a fan inside that gives you the proper airflow to breathe effortlessly. The mask also has a 6 Layer of air purification, including 2 layers of activated carbon that prevent harmful gasses, one layer of pre-white filter that stops all of the particles larger than 0.10 microns, and 2 layers of HEPA that stop all PM2.5 and PM1 particles bigger than 0.3 microns.
The purification efficiency of this mask is 99.95%, and it has a rechargeable battery that will keep the fan going for over 5 hours.
2. Atlanta Healthcare Cambridge N99 Air Pollution Face Mask
Atlanta Healthcare has air pollution masks of high quality. There are 3 different models available, with no valve, with 1 valve, and with 2 valves. Feel free to get whichever, but keep in mind that the one with 2 valves is good for running and work. It is equipped with an adjustable nose clip for a more comfortable fit. In addition, 15 stylish designs are available.
This mask filters more than 99% of particulate pollution, including PM10, PM2.5, and PM0.3. It also has a silver layer that protects against the buildup of germs after long usage. The life of the mask is between 250 and 300 breathing hours, which is months of actual wearing.
This is another great mask, which has an airtight fit. It is made from soft silicone. And fits properly without a gap between it and your face. There is triple-layer protection here that filters particles well.
Developers claim it blocks 95% of particles and it also provides proper airflow. This mask is good for sporty people and is therefore great for activities. Both kids and adult sizes are available.
4. Vogmask Masks N99
This mask has an N99 filter layer, a carbon filter, and an exhale valve. It is able to filter 99% of airborne particles over 0.3 microns, and it is available in different designs with either 1 or 2 valves. Make sure to check twice when it comes to sizes.
5. CRUSADERS Mask N99
CRUSADERS also has different mask options, but skip the cheapest one as it is a disposable mask. The washable model is the real deal, as it has an N99 filter, 4 layers of carbon filters, and 0.5 replacement filters. It offers great protection from air pollution and has a valve design.
6. Repeller N99
As the name suggests, Repeller N99 has an N99 carbon filter that deals with PM2.5 particles. In addition, it is fitted with adjustable straps and is washable.
The manufacturer promises full protection from pollution by covering your nose, and if you use it for around 12 hours a day, it will last you 2 months in total.
7. Honeywell PM 2.5 Anti-Pollution Face Mask
Honeywell mask will protect you against PM2.5 particles. The cheaper one will give you basic protection, while several other models of different design and vale options are much better.
All of them block PM2.5 dust, haze, bacteria, and flu viruses, and have a 95% filtration rate.
8. Dettol Siti Shield Protect+ N95 Anti-Pollution Mask
This mask has an N95 filter, and therefore it is cheaper. It is a good pollution mask that can also remove heat, moisture and carbon dioxide, alongside PM2.5 particles. There are 3 layers of filtration, and it removes 99% of bacteria from what you breathe in.
9. Respokare Anti-Pollution Mask
The last one on our list comes in two sizes, regular for adults, and small for children. It is advertised as a mask that blocks 98.5% of PM2.5 particulates. It has an active respo layer as well, which neutralizes ≥ 90% of nitrogen dioxide, as well as other toxic gases.
It is not washable, however, and it lasts between 40 and 60 days depending on your usage rate. There is an indicator that changes colors when the mask is useless.
- 【Best in Class Protection】: Advance 8 layers effectively protects from dust, pollen and other fine particles in the air.
- 【Extremely Comfortable with Adjustable Ear Loops】: Highly Quality Elastic doesnot hurt ear even if you wear it for prolonged duration and It’s easy to adjust the size with the silicon ear loop adjusters
- 【Washable and Reusable】: You can wash it (preferably with Mild detergent/Shampoo) or soak it in a solution of Antiseptic Liquid and water. Rinse it off and dry it off completely before reusing.
- 【Widely Used】: Protect you from dust, pollen and other fine particles in the air, great for cycling, camping, running, traveling, climbing and daily use.
- 【Universal Size Fits All】: Mask size 7.87’ * 6.5’’,straps:2.4’’
- Philips Fresh Air Mask comes with an innovative fan module that helps to decrease humidity, temperature and CO2 level behind the mask and offers superior breathing comfort
- Your Personal Air purifier with 4 Stage Filtration process on the go.
- Removes 95% harmful airborne pollutants & allergens up to 3 microns on first time use
- Air Power technology for optimized breathing comfort. Rechargeable fan module with 3 speed settings
- Easy to replace filter. For good filtration and hygiene, when used at intervals, it is recommended to replace the filter every two weeks
- CERTIFICATION :: CE, FDA, ISO, GMP, FFP2 Certified, all the certificate uploaded on Amazon.
- BREATHABLE :: Soft and comfortable to your face, very effortless breathable to wear.
- PROTECTIVE MASK :: Our Mask keeps you safe from air particles such as smog, dust, smells, vehicle exhaust, pollen, etc.
- ADVANTAGE :: Allowing smooth breathing, reducing heat and moisture accumulation.